THPRD programs, classes and sponsored activities may be delayed or canceled by unusually severe weather. To assist patrons, we will communicate facility closures and other interruptions in a number of different ways, including:
- Updates to THPRD.org website
- Communicating via Facebook and Twitter
- Updating our 24-hour Inclement Weather Hotline
Call our 24-hour hotline at 503/614-4018 for information about closures and other interruptions; the phone will be updated whenever new information is available. We also strive to keep the local news media informed whenever weather conditions force a change in our program and activities schedule.
Please note the following guidelines:
If weather forces cancellation of THPRD programs, classes and activities in the morning, the Park District will evaluate conditions as the day progresses to determine if afternoon or evening programs and activities will be held. This decision will be made by 11 am and posted on the inclement weather hotline, 503/614-4018, THPRD website and Twitter.
- If THPRD centers must close during operating hours due to deteriorating weather conditions, all programs, classes and activities will be canceled and buildings will be closed at the prescribed times.
- If the Beaverton School District (BSD) closes due to weather conditions, all THPRD-sponsored activities held at BSD locations will be canceled. If BSD calls for a delayed opening, all THPRD-sponsored activities at BSD locations will be canceled until BSD opens. If BSD releases children early due to inclement weather, all THPRD after-school, middle-school, community school, sports and other THPRD in-school programs will be canceled for the day.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
This page was last updated on Wednesday February 04 2015 at 8:29 AM.