Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District is partnering with the Beaverton School District to create a warmer, brighter holiday season for Beaverton area families and students in need with our annual Giving Drive.
Look for trees, wreaths or garland starting Nov. 19 decorated with gift tag ornaments at fourteen different THPRD locations. Each tag is labeled with a gift request, ranging in price from $10 to $40, for an individual. There are also opportunities to buy gift cards.
Purchasing gift cards are a great way to support students being served through the Beaverton School District HELP Center, working with homeless students. Gift cards give these students the freedom to buy personal items or gifts for their host families.
THPRD will be accepting unwrapped gifts and gift cards through Dec. 14 at:
- Howard M. Terpenning (HMT) Recreation Complex: 15707 SW Walker Rd
- Aloha Swim Center: 18650 SW Kinnaman Rd
- Beaverton Swim Center: 12850 SW Third Street
- Cedar Hills Recreation Center: 11640 SW Park Way
- Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center: 9985 SW 125th Ave
- Elsie Stuhr Center: 5550 SW Hall Blvd
- Fanno Creek Service Center: 6220 SW 112th Ave, Suite 100
- Garden Home Recreation Center:7475 SW Oleson Rd.
- Harman Swim Center:7300 SW Scholls Ferry Rd.
- Tualatin Hills Nature Center:15655 SW Millikan Way
- Sunset Swim Center: 13707 NW Science Park Dr.
Formed in 1955, THPRD is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning 50 square miles and serving about 250,000 residents in the greater Beaverton area. The district provides year-round recreational opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Offerings include thousands of widely diverse classes, 95 park sites with active recreational amenities, nearly 70 miles of trails, eight swim centers, six recreation centers, and about 1,500 acres of natural areas. For more information, visit www.thprd.org or call 503-645-6433.
|Date: November 14, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).