Mark your calendars and visit THPRD’s website on April 12 to plan your summer recreation schedule. Summer classes and camps for youth will be available online April 12. Registration for Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District’s summer camps, programs, classes and activities begins Saturday, May 1, at 8 am for in-district residents. Out-of-district registration begins on Monday, May 3.
- Summer Schedule Available Online April 12th: THPRD will be offering a wide range of classes for all ages and camp options for youth throughout the district. Full-day and half-day camp options are available. Options include sports play, nature camps, themed camps, and more. Camps available for preschool age through pre-teen. Details will be available on the district’s website www.thprd.org primarily. THPRD does not intend to produce a paper activities guide this summer.
- On-line registration is encouraged! The fastest, easiest, and best way to register is at www.thprd.org.
- Make sure you have your username and password set up so you are ready.
- Update your username: If you haven’t yet, please update your username. Starting in the Spring of 2020, all THPRD accounts were required to have an updated username that does not include your name/date of birth combination.
- In-person at one of our facilities: Walk-in registration at our open facilities is allowed starting on Saturday, May 1, for in-district patrons that need extra help. The website’s registration portal is still the preferred – and quickest - method, but if you need the help, come on in. Facilities open at different hours, and not all centers are currently open to the public, so be sure to check the opening times on our web site.
- New this Term: Expanding Centro de Bienvenida: We have expanded our special registration assistance center to serve additional languages. We continue to have bilingual staff and volunteers serving Spanish-speaking patrons. This term we are partnering with community-based organizations to accommodate even more languages. Details are still being finalized, but we anticipate having in-person translation for Arabic, Farsi, Somali, and more. All non-English speakers needing extra assistance are encouraged to attend this event. Running from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday, May 1 at THPRD’s Howard M. Terpenning Complex at 15707 SW Walker Rd.
- Telephone Registration Still Available: You can call 503-439-9400 to register. Phone registration may have a longer wait time. To avoid wait times, we highly encourage on-line registration.
Formed in 1955, THPRD is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning 50 square miles and serving about 250,000 residents in the greater Beaverton area. The district provides year-round recreational opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Offerings include thousands of widely diverse classes, 95 park sites with active recreational amenities, nearly 70 miles of trails, eight swim centers, six recreation centers, and about 1,500 acres of natural areas. For more information, visit www.thprd.org or call 503-645-6433.
|Date: March 29, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).