Summer Concert: Groovin' on the Grass
Date & Time: 08/11/12, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Event Address: 15707 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton, OR 97006
Contact Phone: 503/645-6433
Location: HMT Complex
Cost: Free (Gates open at 5:00 p.m.)
Bus Route(s): 59, 67
Celebrate parks and summertime with a FREE Los Lobos concert at HMT Complex on Saturday, August 11.
Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
Music from 6-8:30 p.m
Headlining Artist: Los Lobos -Set to play the second annual "Groovin' on the Grass" summer celebration, Los Lobos, the Grammy-award winning band, which topped the billboard charts with its rendition of the classic "La Bamba" in 1987, has entertained audiences for nearly 40 years with a sound influenced by Rock'n'roll, blues and folk as well as traditional Latin American cumbia and norteña styles. The Los Angeles-bred musicians have evolved artistically, never losing sight of their humble roots, to release 17 albums and entertain audiences worldwide.
Opening Artist: Pepe & The Bottle Blondes successfully blend dance, opera and musical theatre with 'original songwriting' and 'comedic' wit to deliver a fresh and innovative performance. These Latin rhythm specialists create a strong and stimulating visual stage performance not to be missed.
Food & Beverage vendors
Food and alcohol will be for sale, but no alcohol will be allowed from the outside.
ATM on site. Food, beverage, beer and wine sales are cash only.
- Bamboo Grove Hawaiian Grill
Concert Guidelines and Tips
Security - Bags will be checked at entrance gates. See site map.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT
- No Alcoholic beverages
- No glass
- No fireworks
- No weapons
- No location flags/signs that block the view of seated guests.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING INTO EVENT AND ON MAIN FIELD (see map for Main Field area)
- Low sand chairs or "beach" style chair not more than 30-inches high. Higher chairs must sit in back to avoid obstructing the view for others.
- Blanket or ground cover
- Cooler. Maximum size: 22' long, 15' high, 15' wide
- Sun umbrellas that don't obstruct view of seated guests.
- Water, sungscreen, hat and sunglasses, ear plugs for sensitive ears.
DESIGNATED AREA FOR THESE ITEMS (see map for designated area)
- Tents and shade canopies (10 x 10 or less) and larger sun umbrellas. Must allow 10' between tents.
- Large tarps and staked areas for large family & friends groups
- Smoking limited to designated area located between Enrance A and B.
How to get there!
MAX Station Shuttle Stop: THPRD shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes, from 5:00-9:30 p.m. from Merlo Station to concert site.
- People with disabilities: HMT Recreation Complex
- Motorcycle Designated parking - see map
- General Map
Address: 15707 SW Walker Road, Beaverton, 97006
Volunteers are needed to help with parking, merchandise sales and greeting the public. For more information about volunteering contact Jackie Konen, email@example.com, 503-645-6433. (a limited number of positions are available)
See full schedule of summer concert & theater events, click here