Concerts & Theater in the Park
Summer Concert: Groovin' on the Grass
Date & Time: 08/10/13, 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Event Address: 15707 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton, OR 97006
Contact Phone: 503/645-6433
Location: Howard M. Terpenning Complex
Cost: Free (Gates open at 4:00 p.m.)
Bus Route(s): 59, 67
Celebrate summer at our annual FREE date-night concert. "Groovin' on the Grass" returns to the HMT Complex, Saturday, August 10, with a great lineup featuring Quarterflash and Stone in Love. Doors open 4 p.m. >>Parking/Campus Map
|Gates Open||4:00 p.m.|
|Quarterflash||5:00 - 6:30 p.m.|
|Stone In Love||7:00 - 8:30 p.m.|
Marv and Rindy Ross first performed together in the ‘70s at Western Oregon University, before eventually fronting Quarterflash in 1980. Buoyed by the success of their hit single, "Harden My Heart," Quarterflash reached #8 with their self-titled debut in 1981. Subsequent hits included “Find Another Fool,” “Night Shift,” and “Take Me To Heart.” The band released four albums from 1981-91; Marv and Rindy Ross revived the Quarterflash name for the 2008 release "Goodbye Uncle Buzz." Their familiar sax-heavy sound is a fixture in Oregon, where the couple maintains Northwest roots.
Stone In Love-
Stone In Love will take you back to the days when Journey ruled the radio airwaves.
This Portland-based band is a high-energy tribute to one of the top-selling bands of all time.
Their set list includes "Don’t Stop Believin’," "Faithfully" and other chart-topping sing-a-longs that are just as enjoyable now as when you first heard them.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/journeytribute
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
- Food and alcohol will be for sale
- No alcohol will be allowed from the outside.
- ATM on site
- Food, beverage, beer and wine sales are cash only.
- Food Vendors:
- Bellagios (American): pizza, salads, pop and water.
- Two Wahines Shave Ice (American): shave ice with multiple flavors.
- Salvador Molly’s (Global): chicken tamales, vegan tamales, artichoke and cojita cheese tamales (side of hot or mild salsa and sour cream), homemade chips and salsa, Salvador Molly’s special iced tea with hibiscus flowers.
- Bamboo Grove (Hawaiian): Auntie’s shoyu chicken, luau-style kalua Pig, stir fried island yakisoba noodles, rice, macaroni salad.
GUIDELINES & TIPS:
Bags will be checked at entrance gates by event security personnel:
- alcoholic beverages
- No location flags/signs that block the view of seated guests
- Low sand chairs or "beach-style" chairs not more than 30 inches high. Higher chairs must sit in back to avoid obstructing the view for others.
- Blankets and other ground cover
- Coolers (maximum size: 22-inches long, 15-inches high, 15-inches wide)
- Sun umbrellas that don't obstruct view of seated guests
- Water, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, ear plugs
Allowed in designated areas only:
- Tents and shade canopies (no larger than 10-feet by 10-feet). Tents must be at least ten feet apart.
- Large sun umbrellas
- Large tarps and staked areas for large family and friends groups
LOCATION TRANSPORTATION & PARKING:
- 15707 SW Walker Road, Beaverton
- Google Map
- Shuttle Stop: MAX Merlo Station to HMT Complex rims every 15 minutes, 5-9:30 p.m.
Expect parking to be at a premium for this event. There is limited parking available at HMT Complex, including:
- An electric car charging station
- ADA-accessible parking spots
- Designated parking for motorcycles
- Bicycle parking
There is no parking permitted in the Fred Meyer parking lot.
Help Fight Hunger!
We will accept donations of non-perishable food items for Oregon Food Bank.
Concerts and Theater in the Park
See full schedule of summer concert & theater events, click here.