Sunset Park Sports Complex
This four-acre facility is the second-most-used sports complex in the Park District. Only the Howard M. Terpenning Recreation Complex (158th and Walker Road) handles more recreation activity.
Specifically dedicated to youth baseball and softball, the Sunset Park Sports Compex opened in 1997. It is located next to THPRD's Sunset Swim Center at 13707 NW Science Park Drive. The site draws thousands of athletes and spectators annually for local, state and regional games and tournaments.
The facility includes:
- Four sand-based baseball/softball fields with dirt infields and 6-foot fences
- Concession stand
- Permanent restrooms
- Daktronics scoreboards on all four fields
All of the playing fields are illuminated with environmentally friendly Musco lights. Parking is available in the Sunset Swim Center parking lot. Additional tournament and weekend parking is located in the main Sunset High School parking lot off Cornell Road. Self-contained RVs are allowed in the high school lot for tournaments.
In 2009, the fields were reinforced with an innovative drainage system that will help eliminate long-term damage to the surface from heavy rain. This extends playability.
- No. 1: 60-foot base paths; 210 feet to left, center and right field.
- No. 2: 60-foot and 70-foot base paths; 255 feet to left, 236 to center, and 200 feet to right.
- No. 3: 60-foot and 70-foot base paths; 200 feet to left, 250 feet to center and 200 feet to right.
- No. 4: 60-foot base paths; 200 feet to left, center and right field.
The facility hosts Little League, Junior baseball and softball and ASA fast-pitch softball for boys ages 14 and under and girls ages 18 and under. The primary user groups are Little League baseball/softball (ages 13 and under), JBO baseball (14 years and under), and ASA girls fast-pitch softball 18U, 16U, 14U, 12U and 10U.
Games are played March 1 through July 31 and then early September through the end of October. For more information, call the Tualatin Hills Athletic Center at 503-629-6330.
This page was last updated on Tuesday May 05 2015 at 11:41 AM.