THPRD is Hiring for Summer!
Dozens of Part-Time and Seasonal Positions Available
Looking for your next summer adventure? Do you want a job that is active and allows you to spend time outdoors? Look no further than THPRD! We need to hire dozens of people who are interested in public service, share our values around diversity, equity, and inclusion, and believe in being part of an organization centered on ensuring a sense of belonging for everyone in our parks, trails, centers, and natural areas.
Specifically, we have openings for:
- Summer camp staff (directors, assistant directors, camp leaders, camp assistant leaders, Rec Mobile leaders, and more)
- Instructors (sports, fitness, aquatics, tennis, dance, gymnastics, arts & crafts, & more)
- Park maintenance
- Inclusion Assistants
To learn more about any of these job opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/thprd.
Summer Registration is Almost Here!
Registration for Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District’s summer camps, programs, classes and activities begins Saturday, May 1, at 8 am for in-district residents. Out-of-district registration begins on Monday, May 3.
- On-line registration is encouraged! The fastest, easiest, and best way to register is at www.thprd.org.
- Make sure you have your username and password set up so you are ready.
- Update your username: If you haven’t yet, please update your username. Starting in the Spring of 2020, all THPRD accounts were required to have an updated username that does not include your name/date of birth combination.
- New this Term: Expanding Centro de Bienvenida: We have expanded our special registration assistance center to serve additional languages. We continue to have bilingual staff and volunteers serving Spanish-speaking patrons. This term we are partnering with community-based organizations to accommodate even more languages. Details are still being finalized, but we anticipate having in-person translation for Arabic, Farsi, Somali, and more. All non-English speakers needing extra assistance are encouraged to attend this event. Running from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday, May 1 at THPRD’s Howard M. Terpenning Complex at 15707 SW Walker Rd.
Formed in 1955, THPRD is the largest special park district in Oregon, spanning 50 square miles and serving about 250,000 residents in the greater Beaverton area. The district provides year-round recreational opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Offerings include thousands of widely diverse classes, 95 park sites with active recreational amenities, nearly 70 miles of trails, eight swim centers, six recreation centers, and about 1,500 acres of natural areas. For more information, visit www.thprd.org or call 503-645-6433.
|Date: April 20, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).