Board Elections Announced for May 2021
On May 18, 2021, an election will be held to elect board members for three positions on the THPRD Board of Directors. Positions are at-large, meaning they serve the entire district, and terms last for four years. Board members may receive a taxable stipend of up to $200 per month.
Role of Board Members
THPRD is a special purpose local government formed to administer park and recreation services within the City of Beaverton and portions of unincorporated Washington County. The Board is the governing body for the District.
- The Board is made up of five members elected by voters within the District.
- Board members set District policy and oversee the annual budget of more than $60 million.
The following positions are available:
- Director, Position 1, 4-year term
- Director, Position 2, 4-year term
- Director, Position 3, 4-year term
All terms begin on July 1, 2021 and end on June 30, 2025.
The election is administered by the Washington County Elections Division. To learn more visit www.co.washington.or.us/elections. All questions about the election process should be directed to Washington County. Important dates regarding the election include:
- First day to file for election – February 6, 2021
- Candidate filing deadline – March 18, 2021
- Last day to file for Voters’ Pamphlet – March 22, 2021
- Voter registration deadline to participate in this election – April 27, 2021
- First day to mail ballots – April 28, 2021
- Election Day – May 18, 2021
|Date: January 20, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).