In response to Governor Brown’s announcement today regarding the Two- Week Freeze, THPRD will be closing all facilities for two weeks, from November 18 – December 2. All activities at the centers are cancelled with the exception of registered participants in child care and preschool programs.
Per the Two-Week Freeze Guidance from Governor Brown the following must CLOSE:
• Gyms and fitness organizations
• Indoor recreational facilities
• Indoor entertainment activities
• Indoor pools and sports courts
To ensure THPRD’s compliance with the statewide order, the following facilities will be closed starting Wednesday, November 18, through the two-week freeze.
• Babette Horenstein Tennis Center
• Cedar Hills Recreation Center
• Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center
• Tualatin Hills Aquatic Center
• Tualatin Hills Nature Center
• Tualatin Hills Athletic Center
Limited Activities Allowed
THPRD child care and preschools will remain open. Families are encouraged to call their centers with any questions. The temporary homeless shelter at the Elsie Stuhr Center will remain operational as well as Meals on Wheels.
Outdoor Activities During the Two-Week Freeze will be Postponed
• Talking Walls at Greenway Park
• Bark Day Pawty planned for Ridgewood Park
• Community Garden Work Party at John Marty Park
• Community Garden Work Party at Mountain View Champions Park
• Mobile Recreation Programs
Parks, Trails, and Natural Areas Remain OPEN
THPRD parks, playgrounds, fields, trails and natural areas remain open. All visitors must comply with the Governor’s order for physical distancing and face coverings. Please be vigilant and wear masks – even outdoors.
|Date: November 13, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Click here for official release (PDF).