Facilities > Historic > John Quincy Adams Young House
THPRD is experiencing challenges with our telephone service. We apologize for the inconvenience and our working with our phone provider to restore service. The best way to contact the district is by email, in-person, or the by using the contact form on our website at https://www.thprd.org/connect/contact-us.
The historic site hosts the annual Cedar Mill Cider Festival every October.
The John Quincy Adams Young (JQAY) House is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Washington County and is the last remaining above-ground resource associated with the cedar mill for which the community was named.
John Quincy Adams Young and his family traveled the Oregon Trail in the late 1840s, settling in the Oregon Territory. He built his historic house in 1863 on about a half-acre next to Cedar Mill Creek.
In 2005, THPRD acquired it, and the half-acre of land upon which the house sits, in a property exchange agreement with Cedar Mill Bible Church.