Community Gardens: Fruits & Vegetables, Wildflowers, Herbs
The Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District promotes and provides gardening opportunities for residents at seven THPRD park sites (listed below). Community garden participants grow vegetables, flowers and small fruit plants at these sites.
Add water, sunshine and these friendly guidelines:
- Garden plots are rented for a full calendar year. Current users are given the option to renew their existing plots before they are made available to other gardeners. THPRD provides irrigation for all community garden sites from April through mid-October.
- The use of plastic and newspaper as mulch is not allowed.
- The gardener provides his/her own equipment (hoses, sprinklers, tools, etc.). Other than small rototillers, motorized vehicles and equipment are not allowed in the garden.
- It is the renter’s responsibility to maintain a weed-free garden. If you cannot maintain your space, call THPRD at 503/645-6433 so arrangements can be made for someone take your place.
- Flowers and produce may be grown for personal use only.
- Please respect other gardeners’ spaces; do not pick vegetables, fruits or flowers that are not yours.
- Please help conserve water. Water before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Please do not allow children to roam or play in other garden spaces. All pets must be on a leash and pet owners must clean up after their pets.
- Tires and rocks are not allowed at the garden sites.
- The use of chemical pesticides and herbicides is not allowed in THPRD gardens.
- Green waste box available for communal use.
Community Garden Locations/Rates
All gardens: $35 for the first plot. $45 each additional plot.
A. M. Kennedy Park
10200 SW Kennedy St.
Bethany Lake Park
NW 185th Ave.
Cedar Hills Park
Cedar Hills Blvd. north of Walker Road
13710 SW Farmington Road
Harman Swim Center Park
7300 SW Scholls Ferry Road
15707 SW Walker Rd.
John Marty Park Community Organic Garden*
Powerline corridor between Charlais & Somerset Drive in Beaverton.
*John Marty Park Community Organic Garden has specific rules for its gardeners.
Corner of Highway 217 and Wilshire
Southminster Presbyterian Church
12250 SW Denney Rd.
Evelyn M. Schiffler Memorial Park
Access off Bonnie Brae, Erickson or Berthold
April: Planting plots
Mid-October: End of season
End of October: Clean up garden
Notes: Time frames are subject to change; winter gardening is available.
Interested in renting a community garden plot? Please include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address in all correspondence and requests. Ask your friends to join the program. THPRD encourages the full use of these community gardens. You may download a reservation form by clicking on the link in the Document Center located on the right side of this page.
Please contact Lisa Novak at 503/645-6433, e-mail Lnovak@thprd.org, fax 503/629-6301.
Completed reservation forms should be mailed to Lisa Novak, 15707 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton, OR 97006.
This page was last updated on Wednesday October 30 2013 at 12:00 AM.